Welcome Back Patient Safety Information
We hope this note finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our Lansing dental office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. We have also installed a Surgically Clean Air unit that helps to clean, purify, and re-energize the air in the practice! Take a look at the video below to learn more about how this product contributes to the safety of our practice:
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When we contact you to schedule your next appointment, you will be asked some health screening questions. We will ask these same questions again via text or email the day prior to your appointment.
- We ask that every patient wear a mask to your appointment.
- We will have a check-in sanitation station where every patient will have to use the provided hand sanitizer, take their temperature, and put on provided shoe coverings. Any patient with a temperature above 99.6 degrees will be rescheduled.
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and coffee, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and to allow for our team to properly protect themselves and disinfect their treatment areas. This means that your appointment may be rescheduled if you arrive more than 10 minutes late.
- We will be restricting the office to patients and staff only. If the patient is a child they may be accompanied by one adult. No siblings or friends will be allowed in the office in order for us to follow the social distancing guidelines in keeping everyone as safe as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again for our GRAND REOPENING and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (708)895-0778.
Please keep an eye out for another email from us with a video on how to use our check-in sanitation station before your scheduled appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends at our Lansing dental practice.