Dental Implants in Lansing IL
We place an emphasis on preserving and protecting smiles here at Pallotto Dental Care.
We understand that losing a tooth can create health and cosmetic concerns for our patients. Our dentists are here to help find solutions to improve our patients’ oral health, even in the event of tooth loss. Dr. Josephine Chang Pallotto, Dr. Nicholas Pallotto, and Dr. Anthony Pallotto all provide exemplary treatment when it comes to dental implant therapy.
Fortunately, dental implants provide a solution that is almost like having a natural tooth again. Dental implants integrate with the bone, resulting in a stable and long-term solution to tooth loss.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants typically consist of three parts:
- Dental implant post – This is the part of the dental implant that mimics the tooth’s root. It is made of biocompatible titanium and actually integrates with the patient’s jawbone, resulting in a stable foundation to hold a dental crown in place.
- Implant abutment – An abutment attaches to the dental implant and crown, securing them together.
- Custom dental implant crown – This is the part of the implant that looks just like a natural tooth. Our dentists design highly esthetic implant crowns that blend in with each patient's natural teeth and smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
One of the reasons that patients choose dental implants is because they offer many health and cosmetic benefits over other choices.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Implants never move or shift.
- Care is similar to a natural tooth.
- No dietary restrictions or soft diets are necessary.
- Implants prevent bone loss.
- Implants keep remaining teeth from shifting.
- They can secure other dentistry in place.
- Dental implants provide a natural appearance.
Dental implants do require oral health maintenance. Good home care combined with regular dental exams and cleanings contribute to the long-term success of dental implant therapy.
Periodontal (gum) disease negatively impacts dental implant treatment and success rates. If patients suffer from gum disease, our dentists will address underlying conditions prior to treatment, improving their outcome and longevity.
Dental Implant-Retained Dentistry
For patients wishing to combine the affordability of dentures or fixed dental bridges with the stability of dental implants, we offer implant-retained dentistry. This process integrates the use of one or more dental implants to secure dentures or bridges in place.
Patients who want to avoid partial dentures or who have difficulty with ill-fitting dentures really appreciate this solution. It adds confidence by keeping dentistry from moving and allows patients to eat a varied diet that goes beyond soft foods.
By opting to incorporate dental implants into dental treatment, patients can enjoy the benefits of bone retention and stability, without replacing all their missing teeth with individual dental implants, which is cost-prohibitive for some patients.
Contact Our Lansing, Illinois, Dental Office
Our team is here to help you find personalized solutions for oral health conditions, including extractions and missing teeth. We look forward to helping you achieve your best smile and improved health with high-quality dental care. We also welcome patients from the Southern Suburbs of Chicago and Northwest Indiana.