How can we help you?
Choosing a dentist in Lansing is a big decision for your family's health. Having questions is a natural part of choosing a dentist, and we welcome yours.
Here are some of the most common questions patients ask about our dental services when they call or come by the office. If you have questions that are not addressed on this list, just give us a call. Our team is standing by to help.
Invisalign - Invisible Braces
Invisalign is a trending orthodontic treatment that many of our Lansing patients love; the nearly invisible and removable clear aligners make teeth straightening a straightforward, simple and relatively fast process.
Most patients are eager to know how quick the Invisalign process is.
How Long Invisalign Takes at Our Lansing Office
The honest answer is that it depends on a variety of factors. Mild orthodontic cases can be as quick as six months. The typical wait time to fully change your smile, however, is anywhere from 12 to 18 months.
Complex cases can take even longer, especially if teeth are crowded. There are cases where traditional braces might be better suited to straighten severely overcrowded teeth, but in most cases, Lansing, IL dentists have found that invisalign works effectively.
At Pallotto Dental Care, the only constant we can guarantee is that no two smiles are alike. Even similar cases can have factors to take into account that might change their treatment plan.
Factors your orthodontist may need to take to mind include:
- How great your teeth will need to shift to align perfectly
- How far teeth may need to move
- The pace of movement is different for each patient
- How complicated your case may be
- How long the patient wears the aligners (it is required to wear 22 hours per day)
Since your smile may have special considerations, unique factors, or oral health issues that need addressing, it's challenging to predict without considering all points.
Are You Ready to Improve Your Smile?
If you are interested in straightening your teeth, our cosmetic dentists can go over all your options and help you choose which one fits best for your needs.
During your initial appointment with us, your dentist will go over your current oral health, your smile goals, budget, lifestyle, and more to help design your perfect smile.
Clear aligners have become very popular in recent years, and many different versions are available. If you’re thinking about improving your smile with clear aligners in Lansing, IL, you might have already heard of Invisalign. MTM Clear Aligners, while a lesser-known type of clear aligner, offer similar benefits to Invisalign at a more affordable cost.
Deciding Between The Two
Here’s how the two systems compare:
- Both MTM Clear Aligners and Invisalign are clear, removable trays that are almost invisible. You can remove the trays to eat and brush your teeth, so you don’t have to worry about hidden food particles in metal brackets.
- Clear aligner systems offer a faster treatment time because teeth shift together rather than individually. Typical treatment time varies between 12 and 18 months, whereas traditional braces usually take 18 to 30 months.
- Both types of aligners correct problems like overcrowding, gapped teeth, and protruding teeth without bulky, uncomfortable braces.
- MTM Clear Aligners come with a customized treatment plan and regular follow-up appointments to ensure your progress is going smoothly.
- All clear aligners are made of BPA-free plastic, which fit comfortably over your teeth.
- Only people who have all their permanent teeth are eligible for clear aligners.
MTM Clear Aligners in Lansin, IL are a cost-effective and proven way to move your teeth safely and quickly.